US Tourist Non-Immigrant Visa Denied


Buddhist monk are not allowed to get a close contact with women. Highly Prohibited.



As a mom, I find it very hard to be away from my son David. Look. My son and fiance Chris  will be going to United States for Christmas holidays. I felt like its ripping my heart apart. But it's ok. They will be visiting for about a month. Chris haven't been home for more than four years since he's been abroad, in Asia in particular. My son, David, haven't  meet his great great grandpa and grandpa and other relatives, which is the main reason why their flying home. I was supposed to come but the circumstances doesn't allow it.

Maybe its not yet the right time for me to come visit and  to see USA. We applied my tourist non- immigrant visa last October this year. We paid $160 US  before having a schedule for interview. It is non-refundable whether you pass the interview or not. I practiced some of the possible questions. And I was very nervous during the interview. I even told the consular officer that I was nervous. I mean  I couldn't help it. I had all the documents I taught is necessary; such as a notarized letter of invitation from my fiance's mom stating that they will take care of us in our visit, some of my old work documents, etc. But they don't even bother to look at it.

The consular officer knew already what are the questions they have for you. Usually it is related to the informations you have in your application form. And there's a bunch of videos you can see and informations here  https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/


I was nervous because I don't know maybe I freaked out.
So this what will happened during the interview.

  1. You have to come early before your scheduled time. I suggest one hour before, it will give you ample of time to loosen up your nerves.
  2. You need to go to the main gate, where you'll see a sign all  ''time schedule'' is written. Wait when your time is called. Get ready.
  3. You have to wait in line again to go inside the US Embassy. They will ask your passport and put a sticker at the back. And they'll give you a colored paper for color coding. ( A light blue colored-paper was for the non-immigrant tourist visa)
  4. You'll have to sit down to wait in the waiting area for your turn. (in which waiting makes me more nervous)
  5. The staff will guide you anyways so don't freak out like I do. They will call when your turn is ready. 
  6. Finally, you have to go inside the main building. If you have a bag, they will check it. Make sure you didn't bring any of the following, electronics gadgets, sharp objects and flammable items like lighter.
  7. You will make a line again and this is where the first screening is done. Initial interview. They will asked your documents the receipt from the bank, your application form and passport. Sometimes they'll need a passport photo. 
  8. Another line is for verification purposes. You'll have to show the back of your passport with the sticker they put on it. At this point you'll have to state your name, birthday and you'll going to have all your fingers printed. Biometrics. 
  9. The last line is the denied and approved section. So you better get ready on your practiced answers. It will only take about 3 to five minutes depending on the consular officers. Your answers should be short and firm. You will know right then and there if you pass or fail. (They'll give you a blue paper if you fail or if your visa application is denied but if your lucky and passed they'll tell you to wait for your passport with visa within a week. ( I'll give you a picture of how it goes. In this stage while you are waiting you will hear also the other people interviewed before you. The scene is like when you pay something when there is a glass cubicle right next to each other but this one is more secured. You'll see other interviewees and hear their questions. And also you'll know if they pass or not based on their facial expressions.  At first I thought, Oh this is easy. the questions seems easy. I can do it. I think I can. I think I can. But when it was my time I freaked out. 
These are some of the questions I have. 
  • What states are you going?
  • Why are you going?
  • What do you do Mam?
  • What is your boyfriend's job?
I don't have  job. I am a full time mom at the moment. And I will be traveling with my love ones who are both US citizens. And maybe I wasn't able to project and convince the consular officer that I will be coming home and will definitely come back to Philippines.

And this my friend is my story. I hope you will have a better chance. But my life didn't stop there. I am still happy and hopeful that someday I can travel with my fiance and son to US and A. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diploma in Professional Education CTU-Main Campus

Dentaland @Ayala Center Cebu

Practice Teaching in Ramon Duterte Memorial National High School