Practice Teaching in Ramon Duterte Memorial National High School

 First day in Practice Teaching
It has always been my dream to become a teacher. Whenever I am in front of the class discussing or teaching a lesson/topic, I am always fascinated in the diversity of the learners. It is amazing to see them everyday. Some students may not look at you when you are talking. They might be rocking their chairs, looking down, facing the opposite direction, drawing or something else, but it doesn't mean they are not learning. The most common types of intelligence in students are verbal, auditory and kinesthetic but there are still more: http://web.cortland.edu/andersmd/learning/MI%20Theory.htm



I lived in Cambodia from 2013 until the middle of 2016. I gained experience teaching there. I taught Grades 1 to 6 basic English and also Grade 7 and 8 conversation and business English. I had a really good time. I moved back to the Philippines to pursue my studies. I really wanted to become a professional teacher. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English from Trinidad Municipal College. Being an AB graduate, we don't have a board examination to take after we graduate compared to other courses like Education or Engineering. This course is most likely a preparation for others courses, especially if you want to take up laws or if you are still undecided on what course to take up in College. In my case, I was a working student and I could not demand what courses to take. Another reason, during my time, TMC doesn't have a Bachelor of Science in Secondary/ Elementary Education courses. Luckily this time they already have more courses to offer like BS in Criminology and BS in Education. So here I am taking my  Diploma in Professional Education at Cebu Technological University. I already finished my first semester and now I am enjoying my practice teaching at Ramon Duterte Memorial National High School under the supervision of Dr. Maria Fe S. Macul, my beautiful and very kind mentor and of course our beloved and energetic Principal DR. Eileen Irina O. Tayactac. 

Presenting Ramon Duterte Memorial National High School


Meet my mentor Dr. Maria Fe S. Macul



Our beloved principal, Dr. Eileen Irina O. Tayactac, Ed. D.



Some of my student's captured activities:






















I am really happy and grateful to all the people who help me in my daily journey in life especially the Journey of becoming a competent and professional teacher. God bless!


Here are some of my journey in my first semester taking DPE.
http://meizelnuera.blogspot.com/2018/03/diploma-for-professional-education-ctu.htmlDPE
http://meizelnuera.blogspot.com/2018/01/qualities-of-good-teacher-dpe103.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diploma in Professional Education CTU-Main Campus

Dentaland @Ayala Center Cebu